Friday, September 05, 2008

Doing Face Art with RoboRealm



This video is one of what I'm calling "Face Art". My webcam is taking a view of me and my surroundings and then RoboRealm - a video processing program designed as a vision platform for robotics - is performing a bunch of transformations to the video. Things like motion detection, frame averaging, histogram processing, mirroring, and so on.

It's fun, and not difficult to set up.

Sorry, no sound. I have some ideas for that, but can't get to it right now.

2 comments:

bradvr said...

Nicely done. Reminds me of work we did in the 70's with video feedback. Love the blending of technology to create art. I can see it working really well with Kraftwerk or Tangerine Dream. B

Brian Rich said...

Yeah, I remember doing that video feedback, and Ralph's iguana, Chet.